Thursday, May 18, 2006

Just a quick visit . . .

So I needed to drive up near Carlos Avery last night, so I thought on the way back from my errand I would just make a quick drive through a small part of the WMA. I figured about 30-45 minutes. Well 2 1/2 hours later, the sun was going down and I was still shooting pictures with a smile on my face. How is it that every time I go into Carlos Avery I see something new and exciting? Last night, the Sandhill Cranes were putting on a show, and were close enough that I was able to get a few shots. I also, had the opportunity to add the Eastern Kingbird to my life list for photographs! It was a truly wonderful night, I only wish I had gotten there a bit earlier so I would have had more time . . .

Eastern Kingbird:
Eastern Kingbird

Sandhill Cranes:
Sandhill Cranes