Monday, January 08, 2007

Wildlife Science Center

Hello All,

I had an opportunity to visit the Wildlife Science Center again this weekend and normally I haven't had the opportunity to see any of the raptors up close. However, this time I was able to se the Long-eared owl and I got a few pictures. This is not a bird I have seen in the wild (yet) so I can't count it on my bird lists but it is still a great opportunity to get up close and personal with such a cool bird. I'm also posting a picture of a Northern Cardinal I took in Carlos Avery a few weeks back. I find it funny that in all the time that I've been photographing birds, I have been unable to get good shots of some of the more common birds in my area (like a Cardinal). So here are the photos.

Long-eared Owl:
Long-eared Owl

Northern Cardinal:
Northern Cardinal