Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gone for a bit . . . but not forever . . .

Hey All,

It's been a long time since I've posted to my blog. I really don't have an excuse other than life leads you in other directions at times. I haven't been out birding much at all over the last months mainly because of other things in my life. I've got many things going on right now and birding has fallen to the wayside (for now). However, I'm planning on heading out over the holidays to try my luck at getting some owl shots up north. I've still never seen a Great Grey or Snowy Owl, so those are going to be the main focus. My father also found out some information about Swans near Monticello so I'll heading up there soon to hopefully get some shots.
I enjoy posting to the blog and communicating with all of you so I just wanted to let everyone know that even though I may not be posting much right now, I'll be posting again in the near future. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful holiday.
With all of that said, I have been spending some time shooting black and white in a studio setting trying to learn more about lighting as of late. It has been a great learning experience for me and definitely applies to both my personal and professional life. Here is one of my latest experiments:

Powder