Friday, April 27, 2007

Going through my photos . . .

I was going through my photos and keywording them. I had a few birds that I hadn't identified previously. The only bird that I'm really having trouble with is the bird below. I took the picture last year in Carlos Avery. It was a quick shot, and when I took it, I thought it was a female Red Winged Blackbird since there so many of those around at the time. Once I got home and looked it more I realized it wasn't that, but didn't know what it was. So if you know, or have a guess, as to what this might be, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

PS: There isn't much to report on the RSH's right now. They are sitting on the nest all the time. Hopefully around the first week of May or so, we'll be seeing the young as well. Stay Tuned!

Unidentified Bird has been identified as Female Brown Headed Cowbird:
female cowbird