Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Red Shoulders are Back!

Well, the Red Shouldered hawks that we had nest in our yard last year a back again. The have been flying around and calling to each other almost non-stop for about 5 days now. The first time we saw them, it was a single bird sitting on a nest, or so I thought. Now, a few days later, the hawk was sitting on a different nest, or at least that's what it appears like. I guess she's trying out a few different homes to see which is the most comfortable. :) As far as I can tell there are at least 4 relatively new nests in our yard from past years. Here's a shot a just took a few minutes ago, and a shot from last year. I'm sure more will follow as the days go on.

Red Shouldered Hawk - Spring 2007:
Red Shouldered Hawk

Red Shouldered Hawk - Spring 2006:
Red Shouldered Hawk 2006

Here is a link to the post I made last year about the hawks in our yard:
Last Years Post