Saturday, April 05, 2008

Springbrook Nature Center

I was able to get out for a walk at Springbrook today. It was a wonderful sunny day for a walk through the park. I was able to see a few birds, including a couple firsts for the year: Scaup(Not sure if Lesser/Greater, they were to far away), American Coot, and the Eastern Phoebe's are back in our yard again. Every year we have a nesting pair that lays claim to a motion light we have on the front of our house. Here are few pictures from today at Springbrook (I'll post some more tomorrow.)

Eastern Bluebird:
Eastern Bluebird-2

Canada Goose:
Canada Goose

Red-winged Blackbird:
Red-winged Blackbird

. . . I also discovered a nesting pair of Red-bellied Woodpeckers in our yard! Very Cool!

Red-bellied Woodpecker in Nest

You'll notice in the picture that there are 2 holes in the tree, the one occupied by the Woodpecker, and another one above it. Does anyone have a guess as to why there are two holes? I'm certainly not sure . . .