Saturday, March 15, 2008

Carlos Avery Today

I took a drive through Carlos Avery today and saw about what I expected to see, Chickadees, Woodpeckers (heard a Red-bellied), Red-tailed Hawks, and a saw a couple Turkeys on my drive home. So not a whole to report bird-wise but the roads were in decent shape and it was a nice sunny day. They did open a new section for firewood gathering on the corner of Pool 10/Headquarters road. I'd guess it was about 3+ acres. They have left large piles of brush which will hopefully be good habitat for birds this spring and it is right off the road so hopefully there will be some opportunities to see some birds using the brush piles. Only time will tell. Anyway I never even picked up my camera today so I'll leave you with a picture from August of 2005.

TheRoad