Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Great Day!

I finally got my new camera and lens delivered today! It took too many phone calls, and was quite frustrating, but I believe that it was worth the wait. So not only did I get my new equipment today, a friend of mine discovered a Great Horned Owl nest in his yard! How cool is that!!! So after work I drove over to his house and took a few photos. The lighting wasn't that great, and it's going to take a bit to get used the new equipment, but here are some of the first shots on my new camera. I bought this camera to take photos of birds and I couldn't think of a better first day with it. I'm really hoping to get back there a few more times over the next couple of weeks and take more photos, I'll keep you updated.

Great Horned Owl:
Great Horned Owl-2

Great Horned Owlets:
Great Horned Owlets

You can click on the photos to see larger versions at my Flickr account.